SIPTU’s Home Care Campaign is about building quality jobs and quality care for all Homecare workers and their clients.
“The work we do is vital to the community” – Mary Stephenson – SIPTU Home Care worker
If you are a Home Care worker in Dublin and want to receive a free Information Pack on this campaign, please contact us on the details below:
- Dave Curran, SIPTU Organiser – 01 8794358
- Yvonne O’Callaghan, SIPTU Organiser – 01 8794369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the latest Home Care Newsletter here
By becoming better organised through SIPTU the Home Care Union, HSE Home Care workers were able to achieve a reversal of cuts to services, the ending of 15 minute calls, a new contract guaranteeing hours and earnings, the elimination of zero hour contracts and a halt to the slide to privatisation.
In the second phase of the campaign Home Care workers from the not for profit sector are now organising to win a better deal.
We are campaigning for:
- The time to care for our clients
- Better Care for the elderly
- An end to zero hour contracts
- Respect for ALL Home Care clients and workers
- Guaranteed hours
- Job security
- Quality jobs for home care workers, quality care for our clients.
- A say in the future of our service,
- To keep profit out of eldercare
Download the latest SIPTU Home Helps Newsletter.