Divisional Committees have responsibility for the general direction of the Division, subject to the rules of the Union. In particular, they have responsibility for the following:
- Organising and organisation, communications and the promotion of the Union in the Division.
- Coordinating, conducting and executing divisional industrial business and activities.
- Educating, training and developing Union activists in the Division.
- Maximising responses to member’s needs.
- Promoting and developing industrial democracy and industrial cohesion generally.
- Making recommendations to the National Executive Council of the Union.
- Directing all matters concerning Union organising and servicing.
- Caring for and supervising the use of Union premises, property and equipment in the Division.
- Convening the Divisional Biennial Delegate Conference.
- Discharging all business assigned to it by the National Executive Council.
Divisional Committees may appoint sub-committees, project teams/task forces and delegate to them such of their powers as they think fit.