Tuesday 27th November 2018
CPD Planning/Maintaining a Portfolio (Facilitated Workshop)
Dr Mary O’Neill
This CPD programme provides participants with a comprehensive overview of professional competency and how to manage a professional competency portfolio.
- To provide healthcare professionals with up-to-date, evidence-based knowledge to critically develop their theoretical and practical understanding of professional competence and the importance of maintaining professional competence
- To support healthcare professionals in enhancing their confidence and skills in engaging in portfolio planning and development professional to maintain professional competence.
- To enable healthcare professionals to learn how to develop and manage a professional competency portfolio in a facilitated workshop.
At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Critically discuss professional competence and practice and is relationship to quality care.
- Critically analyse the importance of continuing professional development for professional and personal growth
- Critically discuss portfolio development including planning, developing and maintaining a professional competency portfolio with confidence,
- Critically discuss reflection and reflective practice in supporting professional development and understand how to incorporate this into a professional portfolio.
- Critically understand professional competence and portfolio development in the context of creating a positive learning environment for quality