SIPTU representatives have confirmed that members within the grade of Area Director of Nursing in Mental Health will undertake industrial action as and from 08:00hrs Wednesday, 28th July 2021.
SIPTU Nursing Sector Organiser, John McCamley said: “The industrial action is being taken given the failure of the HSE to implement the outcome of an independent grading review of the Area Director of Nursing position as committed to, by the employer. It has not been possible to resolve this dispute and notice has been served on the employer to confirm industrial action will take place as and from 08:00hrs on the 28th July. SIPTU representatives have confirmed we are available to prioritise engagement with the HSE and Department of Health to resolve the dispute between parties.”
It is requested you bring this update to the attention of all SIPTU members and request no action is taken by any member of our union which would be deemed to undermine the action being taken by our members employed as Area Directors of Nursing.
Any queries can be directed to the local Area Director of Nursing, SIPTU local representative or SIPTU Health Official.
List of industrial actions.
- Area DONs will not answer phone calls except those from nursing staff who report to Area Directors of Nursing.
- Area DONs will only reply to emails sent by nurses who report to Area Directors of Nursing
- Area DONs will no longer provide any governance for CAMHS community services as this was part of the extended role for Area Directors of Nursing
- Area DONs will no longer provide any governance for MHID CMHTs as this was part of the extended role for Area Directors of Nursing
- Area DONs will no longer provide any governance for Liaison Teams as this was part of the extended role for Area Directors of Nursing
- Area DONs will disengage from all Executive CHO structures
- Area DONs will disengage from 7/7 Day Service implementation of services.
- Area DONs will disengage from Workforce Planning/HR processes /Business case completion etc.
- Area DONs will disengage from National and Local Service Development and Working groups e.g.: SRF/Connecting for Life
- Area DONs will disengage from Health and Safety CHO governance meeting participation
- Area DONs will withdraw from any group/meeting that is not solely nursing related
- Area DONs will withdraw from all Area Management Team functions.
- Area DONs will not approve the release of staff to participate in non-mandatory training.
- Area DONs will not engage with Slaintecare
- Area DONs will not participate with roll out of E-rostering
- Area DONs will not participate with integrated risk management framework.
- Area DONs will not engage with capital and any service developments
- Area DONs will not participate in interview boards.
- Area DONs will not furnish any reports to disciplines or manager grades outside of nursing.
- Area DONs will not participate in MHC monthly walk arounds with ECD and GM
- MHS Compliance and all audits conducted by nursing will be reported to the Area DON in line with reporting relationships.
- No nominations by Area DON of nursing staff to any interview boards
- Non approval of release of nursing staff to attend non-nursing meetings (CMHT-Clinical/Service Users meeting exempt)
- IPC reports conducted by nursing will be reported to the Area DON who will manage these reports.
- Audits conducted by nursing staff will be directed to the Area Director of Nursing Office for processing, including National Clinical Programmes, ligature audits
- Area DONs will not process any third party organisation invoices.
- LIG Meetings – not attending
- JRG Meetings – not attending
- Area DON’s will no longer be responding to formal complaints received from Senior Management/HSE Structures or engaging in the process
- Area DON’s will no longer be responding to Freedom of Information requests or the review of material with a view to redaction prior to the release of responses to FOI requests
- Area DON’s will no longer be responding to or participating in the development of any corporate responses to Parliamentary questions
- Area DON’s will not engage with external employment agency organisations and will only manage line management staff resources that are direct HSE employees.
- Area DONs will not take any governance responsibility for CAMHS / MHID community structures and will re-deploy staff as required from community CAMHS, MHID teams and other service areas to support core nursing services and ensure safe working practices.
- Area DONs will only release nursing staff trainers in line with HR Circular 043/2020