Proposals for an extension of the Lansdowne Road agreement
This is a summary of the main points of the outcome of negotiations on a proposed extension to the Lansdowne Road agreement.
The final decision on whether the proposals are agreed will be determined by ballots of members of the unions concerned.
- Duration of proposal: 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2020
- By 2020, more than 90% of public servants will be out of FEMPI pay provisions, and almost a quarter will have exited FEMPI pension levy payments
- 73% of public servants gain more than 7% by 2020.
Pay and pension levy
- 1st January 2018: 1% pay adjustment
- 1st October 2018: 1% pay adjustment
- 1st January 2019: Pension levy threshold up from €28,750 to €32,000 (worth €325pa)
- 1st January 2019: 1% pay adjustment for those earning less than €30,000
- 1st September 2019: 1.75% pay adjustment
- 1st January 2020: Pension levy threshold increased to €34,500 (worth €250pa)
- 1st October 2020: 2% pay adjustment.
Value of combined pay and pension levy adjustments
- Combination of pay and pension levy adjustments worth 7.4% to those earning €30,000 a year or less, over lifetime of the deal
- Combination of pay and pension levy adjustments worth between 7.4% and 7.1% to those earning between €30,000 and €50,000 a year, over the lifetime of deal.
- Combination of pay and pension levy adjustments worth 7% to those earning between €50,000 and €55,000 a year, over lifetime of deal
- A combination of pay and pension levy adjustments worth between 6.6% and 6.9% for those between €55,000 and €80,000 a year, over the lifetime of the deal.
- No change in the value of pensions. No move to CPI link for increases over the lifetime of the agreement. Pay-pension link to continue. No career average calculation for future service.
- Highest additional pension contribution for those on ‘fast accrual’ pensions – lowest for post-2013 entrants in new ‘single’ pension arrangement.
- No weakening of outsourcing protections
- No change in working hours, but facility to revert to pre-Haddington Road hours with commensurate pay adjustment
- No extension of Saturday working: Facility to review rostering arrangements for groups, but no change without agreement
- An end to pension levy on non-pensionable earnings, including overtime
- Process to address longer pay scales for new (post-2010) entrants
- Process to assess recruitment and retention problems
- No increase in CORU fees over lifetime of deal
- Commitments on work-life balance arrangement