Mental Health Nursing WRC Proposals
Follow talks in the Workplace Relations Commission, SIPTU representatives have established a formula to restore a community allowance for mental health nurses and a timetable for its implementation. See here
New measures aimed at dealing with the current shortages have also been agreed.
SIPTU representatives also secured a nomination to the verification process and will participate in the selection of an independent chair to ensure the vital work that our members in mental health services perform day in and day out is recognised.
Here is a breakdown of the package of proposals agreed by unions and management at the Workplace Relations Commission:
- Agreement on the Payment of a Community Allowance
- Retired staff will be offered employment at a pay rate equal to the maximum point of the staff nurse scale (LSI).
- Current employees will be encouraged to provide additional hours at a pay rate based on their personal hourly rate.
- Nurses working part-time hours will be able to increase their working hours
- All temporary nurses and all 2016 graduates will be offered permanency
- A Working Group will be set up immediately to report before the end of the year on the implementation of 24/7 Home Based Crisis Services Pilot Projects in 2017.
- The process of recruiting nurses is guaranteed not to exceed 28 days.
- The management of the Serious Physical Assault Scheme has been reviewed to ensure the assaulted nurse’s full pay is maintained and his/her sick pay entitlements protected.
- An implementation group agreed between the parties will oversee implementation of this agreement. This group will meet fortnightly.
The full WRC proposals can be viewed here
If any member has any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org